Saturday, April 12, 2008

Productivity Tools: Thing #13

I like the interface of iGoogle the best of the three personalized home page options. It seems easy to move around, and the option of adding a "theme" backdrop is nice. There were so many to pick from--yikes! I customized my homepage and will use it as my regular homepage in Firefox from now on.

I used to be teased by my co-workers for having so many little yellow post-it notes all around my computer screen, but several months ago I started using the electronic version of sticky notes that comes with Macs. It's great! I now keep my computer screen much cleaner, and I can open them, close them, add to them, delete them, color-code them, etc., as I wish!

Zamzar is another product mentioned in this Thing that has been a lifesaver for us in the Media Dept. We have many students in our school who have already converted to (or purchased) the newest version of Microsoft Office, which creates documents and PowerPoints that are not backwards compatible with the earlier version we have at school, so we have been teaching them how to use Zamzar to easily convert their .docx documents to .doc documents, and .pptx PowerPoints to .ppt Powerpoints. Slick!

I'm not sure creating an on-line "to do" list is useful enough for me. I am having pretty good luck with my un-2.0 method!

No comments: