Monday, April 14, 2008

ELM Productivity Tools: Thing #17

We are truly fortunate to have such an array of useful online resources provided by State funding!

Although I have used these resources often in my work and promote them and train staff and students in their use, I had never used the "create a web page" feature to store and share search results. This will be a great way to send teachers the results of information searches they on occasion request me to perform for them, and individual students can easily e-mail to themselves the list of articles they would like to "save" for further viewing when outside school.

My school subscribes to ProQuest Platinum, which I find superior to the EBSCO products, and my hope is that I will continue to be able to afford it. All of these online periodical databases keep getting better and better. It is truly amazing how much outstanding information is available to students and staff doing research than there was even ten years ago!

No comments: