Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Other Social Networks: Thing #21

I believe that more-specific, career-related social networks would be more useful to me than general networks like FaceBook or MySpace.

I joined the 23 Things Ning, added the badge to my page, and left a message for Karen Christensson, whom I mentored several years ago she was finishing her media certification and I enjoy still running into at MEMO conferences.

I joined Shelfari a few weeks ago (see "bookshelf" at left!) at the recommendation of a my esteemed colleague, Terri Osland, who thought I might like to share thoughts about the books I was reading and see what other friends are reading. I find that because I'm already very busy reading books for the four book clubs in which I participate, I do not have time to share about them online, but I think it's an attractive site and an intriguing concept, particularly for people who want to share ideas for and about good books but do not belong to an physical book club.


View my page on 23 Things on a Stick

No comments: