Saturday, April 12, 2008

LibraryThing: Thing #14

The LibraryThing tool is quite intriguing! I opened an account and started to add books, and I decided I will focus primarily on listing the books that I have read with my various book clubs and indicating what rating I gave them. This will be a convenient place to keep an up-to-date list of many outstanding books!

I have tried another somewhat similar tool called Shelfari that allows a user to maintain a "bookshelf" and ratings and alerts you when someone else has added the same book to his or her bookshelf, but I found it to be a little more cumbersome that LibraryThing.

I am in four book clubs, so I have PLENTY of opportunities to share ideas about books and get suggestions for good books to read, but I can see where someone who is not participating in any "live" book clubs could get lots of good food for thought by interacting with other book-lovers through LibraryThing. The social possibilities of this site are endless!

Here's a link to my LibraryThing so far:


No comments: