Friday, February 22, 2008

Online Image Generators: Thing #6


I used Big Huge Labs to create a goofy "trading card" that isn't nearly as cool as the ones that Carleton College has on their website. I can see where this might be a useful item to design for advisees and other individuals whom one wants to have contact information in a handy format that's more interesting than a business card. For example, I have a group of students in a group called "Royal Links" whom I meet with every Monday throughout their entire high school career for various activities, including advice about course registration and help navigating through the college-application process.

I found a couple of fun things that I can create in ImageChef that I think could be useful. Here is a nicely designed reminder note that would be fun to include in e-mail notices about overdue materials (a chronic problem with staff who borrow equipment!):
ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

Here's another one I liked that would be fun to add to a blog or webpage related to the Media Center:
ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

No comments: