Monday, February 18, 2008

My New Blog: Thing #1

I am creating this blog in conjunction with the "23 Things On a Stick: A Library Learning 2.0 Program" tutorial about Web 2.0 applications, but I may include a few other topics as well. We'll see!

Many of the teachers in my school are already using blogs to provide forums for student discussion, and I did create another blog a few weeks ago to share information with classmates about our upcoming high school reunion that I"m helping plan, but I'm glad to have this opportunity to think more systematically about how blogs fit into other instructional strategies and the whole world of Web 2.0 applications. Thank goodness for services like Blogspot that make the process pretty simple!

I chose this particular template because the background graphic reminded me of an old-fashioned school bell tower. I realize that the name of the template indicates the graphic is actually a lighthouse, but that's an inspiring image as well!

No comments: